Daniel Heaton had been a partner in Hirano and Heaton Architects of Lethbridge Alberta for 13 years prior to joining HIP Architects. After completing his Architectural Technology Diploma from the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology in 1982, Daniel gained practical experience working for architectural firms during the summers while completing his Master of Architecture degree from the University of Manitoba in 1991.
Daniel has received numerous awards throughout his academic studies, including receiving the Alpha Rho Chi medal for leadership, and promise of professional merit in the field of architecture. Daniel has won several awards in his professional career including the University of Lethbridge Library placed on the Alberta Association of Architects listing of the 50 Significant Buildings in Alberta. Daniel also received the Canadian Institute of Steel Award for the Oldman River Pedestrian Bridge in Lethbridge.
- Cleardale Seniors Housing Facility
- Picture Butte High School Modernization
- W. P. Wagner High School Pedestrian Safety and Grounds Project
- Vernon Barford Junior High School Fitness Facility Renovations
- Lethbridge Soccer Facility
- Warner Arena Master Plan and Renovations